Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This episode, Chris and Karlie are joined by an entire family in a special live recording. From CenterPeace’s e3 Conference, join this conversation with a Christian family whose teenage son came out to them at an early age. You’ll be inspired by their stories, enlightened by their perspective and challenged to better love the homosexual community. Let’s start a healthy discussion between gay teenagers and the church.
- One family’s story about their teenage son coming out.
- What Allen was feeling around the time that he decided to come out.
- How the family responded and a couple of things they wish they had done differently.
- What the church can do to better support gay teenagers.
- Things that are most supportive to a gay teenager and family.
- Some hurtful things to try to avoid.
- How can I start this conversation in a healthy way in a church setting?
- How can I support a gay teenager? How can I also support the family?
- Do you have someone that you can talk to? That you can go to for advice and encouragement?
- How can the church better support you?
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- CenterPeace: centerpeace.net
- Website: dontpanicpodcast.org
- Music: Under the Chandeliers
This episode was recorded at CenterPeace‘s e3 Conference. Founded as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, CenterPeace offers seminars to help church leaders, educators, and families better understand same-sex attraction and open conversations about faith and homosexuality. Allowing the Lord to take the brokenness of our past and use it to His glory, CenterPeace is helping Christians who experience same-sex attraction find a place to belong within the Body of Christ.