Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The signs that your teen has an overeating disorder can be easy to miss. We offer signs to look for and tips for a healthy relationship with food in episode 82. Plus, we’re confident you’ll find this episode’s list of teen terms incredibly helpful. Learn what terms like “W or L” and “body shop” mean and how to use them (or not).
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- Nemours KidsHealth: Binge Eating Disorder | Eating Disorders
- WebMD: Binge Eating Disorder in Kids & Teens
- Teen Life Podcast: Exercise
- NEDA Helpline
- Instagram: @Flourishinghomesandfamilies
- Lubbock Christian University: Youth Ministry Degree
- LCU Contact: David Fraze
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera & Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.