Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Up to 50 times stronger than heroin and up to 100 times stronger than morphine, fentanyl has been making the news lately for its recent re-emergence. Learn the signs of overdose and tips for starting a conversation with teenagers about what to look for and the dangers of taking pills or other drugs from friends or strangers. Then, learn the latest changes in social media with our TIkTok update. And get a hot tip on keeping school lunch prep fast and easy!
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- DEA: Fentanyl Factsheet
- CDC: Fentanyl
- Eventbrite: Documentary & Discussion: Fentanyl Factor
- YouTube: Fentanyl Factor
- Teen Life Podcast: Episode 71: Be Real
- TikTok: Introducing TikTok Now
- Fortune: Social media newcomer BeReal is forcing disrupters like TikTok into copycat mode, but now comes the hard part
- Instagram: Sandwich Hack
- Lubbock Christian University: Youth Ministry Degree
- LCU Contact: David Fraze
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera & Tobin Hodges
Have a question? If you have a question about something you heard or just want to give us some feedback, please leave us a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.