- What is racism?
- How media and the news is affecting teen culture.
- Ways we can combat racism, especially among teenagers.
- Some insight into #BlackLivesMatter and White Privilege.
- How adults can handle conversations about race with teenagers.
- Do I need to address my own view of racism before I talk to teens?
- How can I intentionally encourage communication and understanding among teenagers about racism?
- What has your experience with racism been?
- Where are you learning about racism? Do you have a trusted adult you can talk to about this?
Robert Purvey is the Associate Pastor of High School and Young Adults at Antioch Fellowship Missionary Baptist Church in Dallas, TX. Robert travels nationally ministering to several Churches, Youth Groups, and Schools through dynamic preaching and motivational speaking. His ability to minister to people of all races, cultures, and generations makes him a commanding and captivating communicator.
Chris Robey is the Program Director for Teen Life. Earlier in his career while working as a youth minister, Chris earned a Masters Degree in Family Life Education from Lubbock Christian University to better equip his work with teenagers and families. Chris’ career and educational opportunities have exposed him to teenagers from a variety of backgrounds. Follow him on Twitter!
Karlie Duke started working as Teen Life’s Communications Director after graduating from Abilene Christian University with a degree in Communications with a minor in Family Studies. Karlie has worked with teenagers for the past 5 years and is passionate about encouraging students to live better stories. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram!