If you’ve ever been a teen, past or present, you know that teenage drinking is an unavoidable topic. Whether or not you suspect your teen is consuming alcohol, it’s a conversation worth having.
We’re here in episode 52 of the Teen Life Podcast to give you a better picture of what the stats are for underage drinking in 2022, as well as tips for having useful conversations about it.
We also talk ACT versus SAT testing, the benefits of each and why schools are moving away from requiring test scores for admission. Stick around for our test-taking tips at the end!
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- Drugfree.org: How to Address Alcohol & Underage Drinking
- CDC: Underage Drinking
- CDC: Binge Drinking
- TABC: Underage Drinking
- Teen Life Podcast: Episode 51: Marijuana & TikTok Stories
- Washington Post: Harvard won’t require SAT or ACT through 2026 as test-optional push grows
- US News: ACT vs. SAT: How to Decide Which Test to Take
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.