In this episode of the Stay Calm, Don’t Panic! Podcast, Chris Robey is joined by Dr. David Fraze to discuss the affect of disappointment on teenagers. Is disappointment all bad? Is rescuing our children the best answer? Jump into this great conversation and hear ways to help push and equip students to face challenges and disappointments.
In this episode, Dr. David Fraze answers…
- Why do adults, especially parents, treat disappointment like a bad thing?
- What are a few of the benefits of facing and journeying through disappointment?
- What are a few ways adults can help students face and journey through disappointment?
- Am I trying to prevent teenagers from facing disappointment?
- Are my expectations and views of my teenager realistic?
- Am I seeking my identity in the successes of my children?
- What disappointments have you faced in life?
- When things are tough, what helps you get through it?
- How can you learn from past disappointments and use them to make you better?
Dr. David Fraze (D.Min., Fuller Theological seminary) is Special Assistant to the President of Lubbock Christian University and Fort Worth Area Director and Manager of DFW Character Coaches for Fellowship of Christian Athletes. He is a popular speaker and writer on all things youth ministry and adolescence. Based out of North Richland Hills, Texas, David has been working with students for over 25 years. Follow him on Twitter!