School is a major part of every teenager’s life. It is also the best way to serve and reach students on their turf. In this episode, Chris and Karlie discuss the importance of adult involvement in schools and how you can be a resource to your community. Don’t panic about the current state of our teenagers and their schools, let’s get involved and start making a difference by reaching out to public schools!
In this episode, you’ll find out…
- Why it is important to volunteer and get involved in your local school.
- How school involvement benefits both the school staff and the students.
- Real-life examples of ways to get involved in schools.
- 3 different stories of how people in our community our reaching out to schools.
- A 3-step process to volunteering on a school campus.
- Is there a school close by that I would like to get involved with?
- What skills or services could I offer to my local school?
Go ask a school campus…
- Do you have a volunteer coordinator that I can get in touch with?
- How can I help?
- What can I do to support your staff and students?
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
Karlie Duke started working as Teen Lifeline’s Communications Director after graduating from Abilene Christian University with a degree in Communications with a minor in Family Studies. Karlie has worked with teenagers for the past 5 years and is passionate about encouraging students to live better stories. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram!