Social media isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, but we can help teens (and ourselves) have a better relationship. Join Karlie Duke and Digital Media Manager, Kelly Fann, in a candid conversation about algorithms and how to talk with teens about the effects it can have on self-esteem. Don’t miss where they break down the “metaverse” and better ways to set health goals without encouraging a negative body image.
- Netflix: The Social Dilemma
- Tallo: How Gen Z Feels About Integrating Social Media and Education/
- Time: Will 2022 Be the Year of Reckoning for Addictive Algorithms?
- NPR: 4 takeaways from Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen’s Testimony
- Later: Instagram Announces New Feed Views: Home, Favorites, and Chronological Following Feed
- CyberWise: What the Heck is the Metaverse and Should You Let Your Children Go There?
- New York Times: Investors Snap Up Metaverse Real Estate in a Virtual Land Boom
- Facebook: About Meta
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and now is passionate about encouraging students to live better stories. She has gained experience working with teenagers through work, volunteer, and personal opportunities.
Digital Media Manager
Kelly has lived in three countries and worked with teens across the world, encouraging them to pursue their passions and to be kind. She’s been refining messages and telling stories for brands and non-profits since 2009.