Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Everyone loves to flex their generational superiority, and we all know that each generation carries with it characteristics and tendencies brought forth by the circumstances of our time. In episode 43, Chris and Karlie explore what makes Gen Z different from Millennials or Generation X. Then they brave a difficult conversation about the popular HBO show, Euphoria. And don’t miss this week’s tip for blocking unwanted content on Instagram!
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- Teen Life Instagram
- aecf.org: What are the Core Characteristics of Generation Z?
- Pew Research: Defining generations: Where Millennials end and Generation Z begins
- Pew Research: Early Benchmarks Show ‘Post-Millennials’ on Track to Be Most Diverse, Best-Educated Generation Yet
- Teen Life Podcast: Episode 5: Developing Thrivers with Dr. Michele Borba
- Thrivers: Buy it on Amazon
- Euphoria on HBO Max
- USA Today: ‘Euphoria’ nudity, controversies make viewers uncomfortable – but not enough to turn it off
- Common Sense Media
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.