Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This episode, Heather and Jade join the Don’t Panic Podcast to talk about their stories both separately and as they intertwine. As a young teen mom, Jade has looked to Heather for support and encouragement. With her oldest son now in college, Heather was able to provide hope and a new perspective through her own teen pregnancy. You won’t want to miss this episode on the joys and challenges of teen parenthood.
- Two different stories about teen pregnancy and parenthood.
- Ways to support and encourage teen parents.
- What it is like to be a teen parent while trying to finish school.
- The importance of mentors and friends in the life of a teen parent.
- Have I sat down and asked someone else’s story lately?
- How can I better support and encourage a teen parent?
- Who has made a difference in my own life?
- Who has supported you the most?
- What is the biggest joy of being a parent?
- How can I help support and encourage you?
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Centerpeace: e3 Conference
- Website: dontpanicpodcast.org
- Music: Under the Chandeliers
Heather Gradke graduated from Hardin Simmons University with a degree in business and for 10 years led a successful career in recruiting and HR consulting, and is now the studio owner of The Pilates Center. Because of her teen pregnancy story, Heather also has a passion for helping teenagers and serves as Teen Life’s Board Chair.
Jade Rains is the mom of a beautiful little girl, Josephina. Since having Josephina, Jade has graduated from Boswell High School and is now working and taking classes at Texas Women’s University.