Podcast: Play in new window | Download
As teens and teachers head back to school, anxiety levels are higher than usual- and with good reason. Join us for practical ways to support school staff and students as the school year begins. Be sure to keep listening as Chris and Karlie discuss the importance of Simone Biles and Naomi Osaki and their recent refusals to put performance over mental health.
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Celebrate a Counselor: Sign up to celebrate a counselor!
- USA Today: ‘It’s just been really hard’: Simone Biles’ most powerful statements about mental health
- Vox.com: America’s mental health moment is finally here
- NBC New York: Simone Biles Makes Mental Health Statement After Olympic Finals
- Luke Cabrera: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a question? If you have a question about something you heard or just want to give us some feedback, please leave us a comment below. We would love to hear from you!
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and now is passionate about encouraging students to live better stories. She has gained experience working with teenagers through work, volunteer, and personal opportunities.