Is your teen driving or about to start driving? Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for teens (15-18 years old) in the United States, which makes talking about safety a vital conversation. Join us during Teen Driver Safety Week (October 17-21, 2021) to learn ways to help teens navigate the fun and the dangers of driving. Then, we’ll share ideas on Halloween costumes for teens (and adults) that are easy to pull off last minute! And don’t miss this week’s tip on how to help teachers (or other trusted adults) make potentially difficult days a little better.
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- National Day Calendar: National Teen Driver Safety Week
- Traffic Safety Marketing: Facts about Teen Driver Fatalities
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: Teen Driving
- Governors Highway Safety Association: Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) Law
- Teen Life Podcast: Ep. 13: Teen Driving & YouTube
- Handle with Care
- Podcast Music: Luke Cabrera
Have a question?
If you have a question about something you heard or just want to give us some feedback, please leave us a comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to hear from you!
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and now is passionate about encouraging students to live better stories. She has gained experience working with teenagers through work, volunteer, and personal opportunities.