Ep. 14: Independence & “Likes”
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
The need for independence drives many of the power struggles with teens at home and at school. Chris and Karlie get real on the reasons behind the most common difficulties between adults and teens. They also explore the effect “likes” have on teens’ mental health and how you can help.
Teen Life Summit sessions are available on demand until August 10. Register and watch at any time. Use code podcast20 for $20 off!
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Bustle.com: What Happens In Your Brain When You Gain Followers Online
- Forbes: Neuroscience Explains Why Instagram Is So Bad For Teen Girls
- new.utexas.edu: Getting Fewer ‘Likes’ on Social Media Elicits Emotional Distress Among Adolescents
- lifeasoflate.com: Parents: A Word on Instagram
- Mac Rumors: How to Hide Like and View Counts on Instagram Posts
- Well and Good: You Can Officially Hide Likes on Instagram—Here’s Why Psychologists Says That’s Good for Mental Health
- Washington Post: Will Hiding Likes and Views Improve Users’ Mental Health?
- Podcast Music: Luke Cabrera
Director of Communications