Summer is a great time to start conversations with your teen! Use the extra time with them while they are home to get curious and ask open-ended questions.
To help, we’ve designed this series to be a quick, fun way to get everyone talking. Listen together with your teen, or by yourself. You might be surprised at how willing teenagers are to talk when they get started!
In episode 61, Karlie shares about one particular group that shows the state of self-esteem in today’s teens, and Chris and Karlie discuss positive self-talk.
How good do you feel about yourself?
Talk through these with your teen after this podcast ends!
- When do you feel the best about yourself? What are you doing? Who are you around?
- How do you think social media impacts your self-esteem?
- What can you do to feel better about yourself?
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- Dove Self-Esteem Project: Toxic Influence: A Dove Film
- Amazon: Breaking Free from Body Shame by Jess Connolly
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.