Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In this episode of Season 3 of the Stay Calm, Don’t Panic! Podcast, Chris Robey talks to two school counselors about what they are currently seeing in our public schools. While Lindsey and Tammy both work at two very different schools, they give great insight into what students are facing and offer valuable advice on how we can support teenagers in order to make their school experiences more positive. School is a vital part of the teenage years, let’s discuss how we can help students be more successful!
In this episode, Lindsey and Tammy discuss…
- Trends seen by school counselors
- Common stressors that students face
- The kind of support students can receive from school
- Some qualities of successful students
- Am I aware of current teen trends?
- How can I help support my student’s school life at home?
- What is one small thing that would help make school better?
- Do you know what resources are available to you at school?
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Website: dontpanicpodcast.org
- Music: Under the Chandeliers
Chris Robey is the Program Director for Teen Life. Earlier in his career while working as a youth minister, Chris earned a Masters Degree in Family Life Education from Lubbock Christian University to better equip his work with teenagers and families. Chris’ career and educational opportunities have exposed him to teenagers from a variety of backgrounds. Follow him on Twitter!
Karlie Duke started working as Teen Life’s Communications Director after graduating from Abilene Christian University with a degree in Communications with a minor in Family Studies. Karlie has worked with teenagers for the past 5 years and is passionate about encouraging students to live better stories. Follow her on Twitter or Instagram!