Unhealed trauma can keep anyone caught in a vicious cycle. Chris and Karlie talk about what it means to be “triggered” and how the trauma cycle works (00:30). Then, as we approach the 20th anniversary of 9/11, we talk ways to honor the memory of the lives lost and the heroes who saved so many (11:50). Also, did you know TikTok has suicide prevention resources? We’ll tell you where to look (18:59).
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Help Teen Life Regroup: teenlife.ngo/regroup
- Trauma Cycle Diagram
- Very Well Mind: What does it mean to be triggered?
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: Tools for Managing Traumatic Stress
- Newsweek: All the New TV Shows and Movies Coming Out to Commemorate the 20th Anniversary of 9/11
- TikTok Suicide Resources
- Luke Cabrera: email@example.com
Director of Communications