Podcast: Play in new window | Download
What is anxiety? And how can we encourage and equip teenagers who battle with anxiety? These questions are more are answered in an interview Dr. Mark DeYoung! We are shedding light on a topic that can be easily misunderstood. Let’s not overlook anxiety or panic – there are steps that you can take today!
- What is anxiety?
- How anxiety is different from depression.
- How anxiety specifically affects teenagers.
- Some symptoms of anxiety to keep an eye on.
- Coping skills that teens lack and how to help them succeed.
- Am I really listening or just offering advice?
- How can I help take some pressure off of teenagers?
- Am I modeling positive boundaries and stress coping skills in my own life?
- I’ve noticed that you’ve been acting different. What’s going on?
- What boundaries can you put in place to take some stress off?
- When you feel anxious, what is a positive thing that seems to help?
- DeYoung Consulting: theinhomefamilytherapist.com
- Website: dontpanicpodcast.org
- Music: Under the Chandeliers
Mark DeYoung is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist with over eighteen years experience counseling and helping families and children. His BA is in Human Resources, and Master’s Degree in Marriage and Family Therapy. He completed his PhD in Child Development in the spring of 2008. He currently provides In-Home counseling services for families in the Fort Worth region of North Texas. His private practice includes the following counseling services: Marriage Therapy, Family Therapy, Foster family therapy, Adoption work, Parenting support and coaching.