Recently, Chris and Karlie got to have a conversation with Dr. Tishara Jackson about race, and especially how it impacts the education system and our teenagers. Dr. Jackson is an intervention counselor in a local school district and has been a friend of Teen Life’s for a long time! We are thankful for her advice on how to start race conversations, the appropriate language and terminology to use, and how we can educate ourselves.
This podcast episode is full of resources, tips, and a different perspective that is needed. Our schools are not always equal, and no matter the race, teenagers are aware of the racial discussions that are taking place in our country right now. Let’s take a minute to listen and learn how we can have these conversations well to empower the teenagers in our lives!
- Become an Impact Member: teenlife.ngo/impact
- Dr. TJ Jackson’s website: The Hope Pusher
- A List of Resources for Talking to Teens About Race, Racism, and Equity and Inclusion
- Website: teenlifepodcast.com
- Music: Under the Chandeliers