Podcast: Play in new window | Download
How intentional are you about rest? Not just sleeping enough, but also intentionally setting aside time to unplug, find and create inner peace, and recharge. Join us in reflecting on what it means to care for your mind, body and soul through rest.
We’ll also discuss the benefits and dangers of the Discord app- who’s using it and whether or not it’s appropriate for your teen.
And you’ll want to stick around till the end for tips on talking with teens about race!
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- Sermon Series by Rick Atchley: Soulfull
- Teen Life Podcast: Sabbaticals | Digital Detox | Black History Month
- Common Sense Media: Discord
- Bark: What Is Discord and Is It Safe? A Discord App Review for Parents
- Instagram: Be the Bridge Youth
- Lubbock Christian University: Youth Ministry Degree
- LCU Contact: David Fraze
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.