Do you know what to look for when a student is self-harming? On episode 28, we talk about the signs of self-harm and why teenagers choose it over other ways to deal with their emotions (00:18). Listen for action steps you can take to help. Then don’t miss the conversation about the latest TikTok trend that impacted school campuses all over the country, “Devious Licks” (12:56). Tell us about your own experience with TikTok trends in the comments! Also, make sure you get a copy of the Ultimate Adult Guide to TikTok (20:20).
In this episode, we mentioned the following resources:
- Crisis Text Line: How to Deal with Self Harm
- USA Today: Devious licks TikTok challenge encourages students to steal soap dispensers and COVID tests
- HITC.com: TIKTOK’S SHOCKING SCHOOL CHALLENGES LIST 2021 REVEALED
- The Ultimate Adult Guide to TikTok
- Teen Life Podcast Episode 1: Boundaries & TikTok
- Podcast Music: Luke Cabrera
*Please Note: The examples of damage done by the Devious Lick challenge were removed by TikTok administrators.
If you have a question about something you heard or just want to give us some feedback, please leave us a comment below or email email@example.com. We would love to hear from you!
Director of Communications