Summer is a great time to start conversations with your teen! Use the extra time with them while they are home to get curious and ask open-ended questions.
To help, we’ve designed this series to be a quick, fun way to get everyone talking. Listen together with your teen, or by yourself. You might be surprised at how willing teenagers are to talk when they get started!
In episode 65, Chris and Kelly talk about hope as an indicator of mental health and ways to foster hope in your life.
How much hope do you have for the future?
Talk through these with your teen after this podcast ends!
- What’s one good thing in your life right now?
- How optimistic do you feel about the future?
- Where would you like to get involved/volunteer?
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- Berkley.edu: Is gratitude good for your health?
- Researchgate.net: Humor and Hope: Can humor increase hope?
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Digital Media Manager
Kelly has lived in three countries and worked with teens across the world, encouraging them to pursue their passions and to be kind. She’s been refining messages and telling stories for brands and non-profits since 2009.