Have you noticed content in your social media feed that you didn’t sign up for? Chris and Karlie talk suggested content in episode 44- how it’s chosen for you and how to stop seeing content you didn’t choose to follow. Then, if you followed the winter olympics at all, you probably saw the drama on the ice. We’ll explore what happened and why it matters. Don’t miss this episode’s tip either! It’s sure to be fun for the whole family.
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- The Verge: Instagram tests putting suggested posts ahead of your friends’
- Instagram: How does Instagram determine which posts appear as suggested posts?
- Later: How the Instagram Algorithm Works for Feed Posts in 2022
- YouTube: Dramatic skates, reactions from unforgettable women’s free skate
- NYTimes: Kamila Valieva’s sample included three substances sometimes used to help the heart. Only one is banned.
- The Wall Street Journal: A Disturbing Night of Olympic Figure Skating Exposes the Dark Side of the Rink
- Yahoo!Sports: Olympic figure skater Kamila Valieva was failed by the system, adults
- Teen Life Podcast:
Episode 43: Generational Differences & Euphoria
Episode 39: Athletics & Monetization of YouTube
Episode 38: Social Media & The Metaverse
Episode 18: Suicide & The Olympics
Episode 14: Independence & “Likes”
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.