It’s our 50th episode since rebooting the podcast and we’re celebrating by revisiting some of our most impactful topics, trends and tips! Listen to get a great overview of topics like trauma triggers, pronouns, and helping teens manage stress.
We’ll also see how some of the trends we’ve talked about have panned out. We know that it’s hard for teachers and parents to protect their own mental health sometimes. Make sure to catch our tips for staying healthy yourself while working with teens.
In this episode, we mentioned or used the following resources:
- Childtrends.org: Relationships with Caring Adults and Social and Emotional Strengths Are Related to High School Academic Achievement
- Childtrends.org: Caring Adults: IMPORTANT FOR POSITIVE CHILD WELL-BEING
- Verywellfamily.com: Reasons Your Teen Might Be Stressed Out (And What You Can Do About It)
- NPR: Marijuana vaping among teens has more than doubled since 2013
- The Ultimate Adult Guide to TikTok
- Contact us: email@example.com
- Podcast music by Luke Cabrera and Tobin Hodges
Teen Life Podcast Episodes:
- Ep. 23: Trauma Triggers & 9/11
- Ep. 46: The Importance of Hope & War
- Ep. 12: Pronouns & Summer Activities
- Ep. 24: Healthy Habits & Fall Sports
- Ep 37: How to Start & Sabbaticals
- Ep. 3: Building Connection & Prom
- Ep. 2: Stress & Teen Terms
- Ep. 28: Self Harm & Devious Licks
- Ep. 10: Searching for Identity & Vaping
- Ep. 8: Finding Strengths & Emojis
- Ep. 11: Secrecy & Teen Terms 2.0
- Ep. 1: Boundaries & TikTok
Chris has worked with teens from a variety of backgrounds for over a decade. He has a desire to help teenagers make good choices while also giving their families tools to communicate more effectively as choices are made.
Director of Communications
Karlie was in one of Teen Life’s original support groups and has always had a heart for teenagers and the vulnerable life stage they are in. She has a wealth of experience to share from working with teens in ministry and leading support groups.